Philippe NANICHE is now known for the quality of the organisation of its championships and events, as for example the ROSCAR GT Challenge he has taken over in 2020. In 2024, the FFSA Club meeting will become a true national championship with the addition of GTs and Prototypes.
The new “ELITE RACING SERIES” will count six three-day meetings on the following French circuits Paul Ricard, Dijon, Val de Vienne, Anneau du Rhin, Magny-Cours, but also two out of France in Spain Navarra and Valencia.
Three championships under FFSA national licence:
▪ Roscar GT Challenge: two one-hour races per meeting
▪ Prototype Championship: two one-hour races per meeting
▪ GT Sprint Championship: two 30-minute races per meeting
▪ Much time is to be accorded to private practice sessions on Fridays
▪ Free practice and qualifying sessions on Saturdays
▪ Races only on Sundays
The main aspect of meeting organisation, be they races or club meetings, has always been for Philippe Naniche to offer respect, pleasure and a high standing welcome to the participants. This will be even more important in the 2024 ELITE RACING SERIES.
These meetings are dedicated to gentlemen drivers looking for a competitive and respectful environment.
▪ Gentlemen drivers will appreciate to have a lot of private free practice sessions, and this will be the case in the new race format to come, on Fridays. Timed sessions and races will be concentrated on Saturdays and Sundays.
▪ One and only race director all along the season, he will be assisted by the Raceflag system, which has been developed on the Roscar GT Challenge meetings for the last two years and created in order to optimize security and respect.
▪ Competitor welcome is another very important aspect of Philippe Naniche’s organisation. They will find a true concierge service that will help them take care of their own organisation such as hotel and / or restaurant reservation, and of course, a high standing hospitality on the track thanks to the Club Pilotes which has been created on the Roscar GT Challenge meetings for the last four years.
▪ The race sports regulations are to be simple and clear, so that no can get lost in the technical systems during these high-class meetings.
▪ In addition, the performances of the drivers and teams are to be related in the specialized medias with strengthened press, as well as photo and video coverage of the new “Elite Racing Series”.
Partners of the Roscar GT Challenge have been delighted by the creation of the new championship, Pirelli will therefore continue being the official tyre manufacturer of the full meeting for the three years to come.
Philippe Naniche is pleased with the evolution of his meetings:
“We worked hard in the last four years to bring the Roscar GT Challenge to a new standing, with great performances and a high quality service.”
“We listened to our gentlemen drivers looking for pleasure meetings, and if we want their time to be fulfilled, it must be perfectly organized.
“In the Roscar GT Challenge, we did miss a little bit the competition atmosphere, but this will be change now, since we decided to create the Elite Racing Series that you have discovered here. We had the service and the high class meeting, now we add the true competition at several levels.
“Competitors will even be able to race in the different categories on the same week-end if they wish to.”
1 – ERS – Programme 2024 v2
March 1-2-3: Circuit Paul Ricard – Pre-season test
April 5-6-7: Dijon-Prenois – Meeting #1
April 26-27-28: Val de Vienne – Meeting #2
May 23-24-25: Navarra Spain – Meeting #3
September 5-6-7: Valencia Spain – Meeting #4
October 4-5-6: Anneau du Rhin – Meeting #5
November 1-2-3: Magny-Cours – Meeting #6 2024 Final
Nov 29-30 – Dec 1st: Circuit Paul Ricard – Roscar 360 Endurance (non-championship race)