Toyota Gazoo Racing’s Kamui Kobayashi has taken position at the WEC 6 Hours of Monza, round five of the FIA World Endurance Championship. In LMP2, Robert Kubica claimed pole position for Team WRT. LMGTE Am saw Sarah Bovy quickest for the all-female Iron Dames crew.
Below are the main headlines from each session:
Hypercar: Pole – No.7 Toyota
• No.7 Toyota GR010 Hybrid Hypercar driven by Kamui Kobayashi takes pole with a scorching lap of 1m35.358s
• Kobayashi’s flyer is just 0.017s faster than Antonio Fuoco in No.50 AF Corse Ferrari
• No.8 Toyota GR010 Hybrid Hypercar of Brendon Hartley is third ahead of the No.93 Peugeot TotalEnergies Peugeot 9X8 driven by Jean-Eric Vergne
• Alex Lynn in Cadillac Racing V-Series.R is fifth ahead of the Antonio Giovinazzi driven No.51 Ferrari AF Corse
• The rest of the Hypercar field is made up of: No.94 Peugeot, No.5 Porsche Penske, Hertz Team Jota Porsche, No.6 Porsche Penske, Glickenhaus, Proton Porsche and Floyd Vanwall
LMP2: Pole – No.41 Team WRT
• Pole takes his first pole! Robert Kubica in the No.41 Team WRT entry takes brilliant pole position with a peak lap of 1m39.354s
• That lap by Kubica is 0.3s quicker than Pietro Fittipaldi in the JOTA run Oreca-Gibson
• No.22 United Autosports driven by Phil Hanson claims third place start on a 1m39.790s
• The top five is completed by Vector Sport (Gabriel Aubry) and Inter Europol Competition (Albert Costa)
LMGTE Am: Pole – No.85 Iron Dames Porsche
• Iron Dames take second consecutive pole position at Monza as Sarah Bovy claims a brilliant top spot in No.85 Iron Dames Porsche 911 RSR-19
• Bovy claims two laps good enough for pole but her peak is 1m47.632s, which is 0.4s quicker than Ahmad Al Harthy in ORT by TF Sport Aston Martin
• Third is the No.77 Dempsey Proton Porsche of Christian Ried as he laps in 1m48.166s
• The top six is completed by the Richard Mille AF Corse Ferrari, GR Racing Porsche and points leading Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
• Session split in to two parts after WEC debutant Efrin Castro in No.56 Project 1 AO Racing Porsche 911 RSR-19 spins and scatters gravel on track at Ascari Chicane and also causes Mike Wainwright to spin in No.86 GR Racing Porsche
Tomorrow’s 6 hour race will commence at 12h30 local time.
Follow all the action via the FIA WEC official app. Or watch live on TV via Eurosport 2 across Europe, MotorTrend in the USA, or fans in Italy who are unable to attend Monza can watch the full race live on Sky Sport Action.